IBM i2 Analyst’s Notebook 8 is the latest release of IBM i2’s industry-leading assisted analysis and visualization product that allows analysts to quickly turn large volumes of data into actionable intelligence with powerful and rich analysis capabilities. By easily identifying connections, patterns and trends in complex data sets, analysts can provide the right information at the right time for the maximum disruption of terrorist, criminal and fraudulent activities.
Analyst’s Notebook 8 supports the dynamic human thought process and offers unparalleled visual analytics. A proven technology road-tested by over 60,000 users worldwide across criminal justice & public safety, national security, military and commercial sectors, Analyst’s Notebook 8 is the perfect extensible solution that scales from small operations up to large enterprise organizations at extremely low start-up costs.
- Provides a rich and powerful range of assisted analysis and visualization capabilities
• Quickly identify patterns in data that might otherwise be missed
• using single analytical approaches
• Reduce the time to deliver rich, actionable intelligence
• Increase the depth of intelligence for effective resource utilisation
- Supports the dynamic thought processes of analysts
• Flexible data model doesn’t constrain the input of complex
• relational data
• Flexible data acquisition via intuitive drag & drop, importing
• or multiple database access capabilities
• Save time with powerful intelligent semantic searching and
• matching to simplify the analysis of data from disparate
• data sources
- Provides a flexible, low-cost deployment model
• Low start-up costs and total cost of ownership for comprehensive
• assisted analysis and visualization capabilities
• Supports desktop-to-enterprise deployments with easy upgrade
• paths to wider IBM i2 Intelligence-Led Operations Platform capabilities
• 'Out-of-the Box' experience with the ability to customise or
• add-on as required
• Low product familiarization and training costs with standard Windows-
• based application and intuitive task-based user interface
- Proven worldwide assisted analysis and visualization solution
• Harness the experiences of over 60,000 users in 149 countries
• across the world
• Comprehensive support infrastructure for global organizations
• with localized versions available in 13 languages
• Access to the worldwide user community through regular user
• groups and on-line forums Maximize analytical output with solutions
• that are proven worldwide in real operational environments
Flexible Data Acquisition
Data can be rapidly created in an Analyst’s Notebook chart via intuitive drag and drop functionality, the visual importer or from multiple databases with IBM i2’s automated data acquisition products.
Charts can be quickly generated by dragging and dropping data in the form of entities, links and attributes onto the chart. Volume data can be easily imported from structured data files via the wizard-style Visual Importer which creates Import Specifications that can be saved to greatly reduce the time taken to import additional information into a chart.
The benefits of Analyst’s Notebook can be enhanced by combining it with other capabilities from the IBM i2 Intelligence-Led Operations Platform such as the IBM I2 iBase data repository and automated data acquisition products such as IBM I2 iBridge and IBM I2 iXa Search Service. Powerful intelligent semantic searching and matching capabilities allow analysts to easily search, match and analyze data from disparate data sources.
Flexible Data Model
Analyst’s Notebook provides a highly flexible data model that does not constrain the input of complex relational data. The data visualization environment allows users to represent information in a variety of forms including link, network or timeline charts. Items can be represented as entities, links, events, timelines or attributes in order to best present the type of data and allow effective analysis and visualization of a wide range of data sets including social networks, telephone records, financial transactions and internet traffic records to name but a few.
The intelligent semantic searching and matching capabilities save time for analysts by initiating "analyst-like" data collation techniques and applying data quality control processes to help overcome the challenges of identifying non-obvious duplicates.
Powerful analytical capabilities
Analyst’s Notebook 8 delivers a powerful range of analytical tools to help analysts quickly convert large volumes of data into high value intelligence.
The wide range of analytical tools help analysts to quickly analyze large data sets by providing multiple analytical views including association, temporal, spatial, statistical and spreadsheet views.
New capabilities such as Dynamic Filtering, Social Network Analysis, Mapping and Conditional Formatting further strengthen the range of analytical tools available to analysts within Analyst’s Notebook. Other capabilities available include: List items, Entity Matching, Visual Search, Find Path, Find Linked and Cluster Analysis.
Simple Communication of Complex Data
Analyst’s Notebook provides the means to communicate complex data with intuitive and easy-to-follow briefing charts and reports that capture and organize supporting data for briefing and presentation purposes. Analyst’s Notebook charts can also easily be shared electronically to those without access to Analyst’s Notebook. The freely available IBM i2 ChartReader provides read-only access to charts which can then be easily navigated, searched or printed. Rich information behind chart entities and links can also be searched and read